Pentatonix are on their special Christmas tour again this holiday season. The tour landed them at Mohegan Sun Arena for two shows this past weekend. I was there for night number one and, as expected, I enjoyed it from start to finish. If you have not seen Pentatonix live you are surely missing out. I, along with a sold out arena of other fans, was treated to some of the greatest holiday songs along with a few random treats mixed in.
I’d like to start with how much I was looking forward to this show. Last year my daughter and I were unable to make it due to a snow storm that hit the same evening. I’ve been eager to see this show since and was delighted to be in attendance this year.
From the start fans were treated to Matt Sallee and Kevin Olusoa out in the crowd greeting fans while taking the stage singing “What Christmas Means To Me.” On stage, Scott Hoying, Mitch Grassi, and Kirstin Maldonado took center of the beautifully decorated stage. Right away I knew I was in for an amazing night.
All through the show, fans were treated to a variety of highlights. Group members passing small presents to random fans, roaming the audience shaking hands, and stopping for selfies. The setlist was made up of past hits, new releases and classic covers all performed in pure Pentatonix fashion.
I have to give a big shout out to Kirstin who was in full spirit and pushing through the evening despite having a broken ankle. In full Christmas fashion she had a giant snowball prop to rest on and a decorated scooter to get around.
- What Christmas Means to Me
- Joy to the World
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
- Here Comes Santa Claus
- Little Drummer Boy
- Sweater Weather
- Where Are You, Christmas?
- Coldest Winter
- Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays
- Greensleeves / Aha!
- Kevin’s Celloboxing Solo
- Sleigh Ride
- Let It Snow
- Carol of the Bells
- Making Christmas
- Jingle Bells
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- That’s Christmas To Me
- Bohemain Rhapsody
Remaining Tour Dates:
- 12/11/2018 Rosemont Theatre Rosemont, IL
- 12/12/2018 Rosemont Theatre Rosemont, IL
- 12/15/2018 The Met Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA
- 12/16/2018 The Met Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA
- 12/18/2018 Beacon Theatre New York, NY
- 12/19/2018 Beacon Theatre New York, NY
- 12/20/2018 Beacon Theatre New York, NY
- 12/22/2018 Beacon Theatre New York, NY
- Mitch Grassi – Tenor
- Kevin Olusola – Cellos
- Kirstin Maldonado – Mezzo Soprano
- Scott Hoying – Baritone
- Matt Sallee – Bass